Renting 1 Piece of Equipment:
Download and complete the Premier Rental Agreement and Annexure.
The attractiveness of the rental option is that it combines:
- Product usage
- Logistics support
- Decaling (Point of Sale merchandising)
- Technical service
- Administrative functions of operating a refrigeration fleet
into one neat package for which there is a single monthly charge for each piece of equipment. Breakdown Cover, Install, Pick-up and delivery freight is charged separately.
Inherent in a rental system is the fact that all of these activities, which are extraneous to your core business, are effectively outsourced leaving you to focus on your key marketing, selling and manufacturing functions. The outsourcing of non-core activities, where practical, is a long established trend that has become accepted around the world as sound business practice.
The management of refrigeration assets is Premier Sales & Rentals’ core business and entrusting us with the management of your refrigeration needs results in a synergistic relationship with benefits to both parties.
One of the key differences between Premier Sales & Rentals and our competitors is our Breakdown Cover which is included standard with all rental agreements. Premier Sales & Rentals will be responsible for breakdowns and service of the rented units during the rental period. This gives you peace of mind knowing someone is taking excellent care of your equipment whilst you're busy running your business.
There are a number of financial benefits of renting including:
- Conserves capital
- Takes this non-core asset off your balance sheet
- Refrigeration equipment has a finite life and cannot be considered a long term or appreciating asset in the real sense.
- Renting is likely to improve your profitability when compared to the purchase and self-management option.
- Better equipment placement decisions are made as total ongoing cost of the refrigerator (rental fee) are controlled
- By improving or even maintaining your accounting profits with a lower asset base you will always have a better ROI when renting
Where equipment is purchased it is not usually possible to accurately collect the total costs including:
- Service & Preventative Maintenance
- Administrative costs
- Relocation of equipment
- Asset management and tracking
Renting offers the flexibility to quickly place new equipment and adapt your business to change and market opportunities.
Under a rental agreement you are able to return equipment at the conclusion of the initial term without loss. This provides you with enormous flexibility. The most obvious is to keep your fleet modern and up to date. The ability to return equipment at the conclusion of the rental contract also allows you to easily downsize your fleet over time if the need arises.
This involves equipment selection and matching for a specific purpose. While your sales people might be able to identify the merchandising qualities of a particular type of refrigerator you will have to rely on equipment vendors with vested interests for advice as to the quality and suitability for your application of the equipment you buy. The costs of making a wrong purchasing decision will remain with you for the full operating life of that item.
But at Premier Rentals, we do not manufacture equipment. We scour the world for good equipment and only add it to our portfolio once we are satisfied with its ability to perform in the Australian climate. As part of our rental package we happily act as refrigeration engineering consultants to our clients.
This area is often underestimated or completely overlooked. There are some interesting statistics worth considering.
- Between 20% and 35% of the fleet will be moved every year
- About 10% of the fleet will be off location at any one time.
To deal with this and other logistical issues every fleet operator needs the following:
- Warehouse space to store new equipment before it is placed in the field.
- Warehouse space to store equipment while it is off location.
- Facilities including forklifts to unload containers of new equipment, unpack and test run it.
- Facilities to apply decals, signage and asset plates to new and off location equipment.
- Facilities to pressure clean, service and test run equipment between placements. This includes water treatment facilities.
- Mechanical repair facilities for off location equipment.
- Refurbishment facilities including spray-painting booth.
- Spare parts holdings.
- Specialised delivery, installation and pick up facilities.
- Electrical testing and tagging capability.
The options to outsource these services are extremely limited, especially ones that operate nationally and can combine them all under one roof. The cost of establishing them all in-house, in each state would be enormous.
Fortunately for our customers, these services are all included in our rental package with the only additional charge being for movements.
This is a crucial role in a fleet management system. A refrigerator in the field that is not working is a source of dissatisfaction and cost to both the fleet operator and its customer. The perishable nature of many of your products makes the need for fast effective service all the more important. To meet these needs we offer two types of service:
- An annual Breakdown Cover optional service (which includes preventative maintenance)
- Emergency breakdown service available 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year.
Fleet operators often overlook the importance of preventative maintenance. Our experience shows that it dramatically reduces the incidence of equipment failure. One component vital to the correct operation of refrigerators is the condensing unit. The condenser is in effect a heat exchanger, which dissipates heat produced in the refrigeration cycle into the atmosphere. If it is not functioning properly and cannot dissipate the heat efficiently there is a corresponding reduction in cooling capacity, which quickly leads to compressor failure. To work properly it must be free of dust and dirt, which of course accumulate inevitability. Cleaning the condenser with compressed gas is an important part of the preventative maintenance service.
To handle your technical service needs we have a team of qualified refrigeration mechanics with suitable vehicles, specialist equipment and spare parts. Our technical services team is supported by our national service call centre staffed by competent people who allocate jobs in order of priority. Our centralised national online computer-based system records and track service calls.
On or before signing this agreement and before the delivery or installation of the equipment you must pay us the sum specified in this agreement as SECURITY BOND.
We will refund to you the Security Bond on the valid termination or expiry of this agreement subject to the following conditions:
a. We can apply any part or the whole of the Security Bond towards satisfaction of any amount payable to us under this agreement or by you or any guarantor on any account whatsoever (despite any description of the Security Bond as applying to any location or particular equipment or amount); and
b. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, we can apply the Security Bond or any part of it to costs for damage, replacement parts and repair to the equipment, cleaning of the equipment, insurance policy excesses for claims by us resulting from your breach of this agreement, loss of rent, transport and storage or any other loss which would not have been incurred had you completed this agreement, and no application of any part or the whole of the Security Bond will constitute a waiver of any claim not fully satisfied by the Security Bond. The appointment of an administrator to your company irrevocably surrenders title to the bond to us.